DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
The Director of Children’s Ministry will report directly to the Pastor of Next Generation Ministries.
Areas of Primary Responsibility
- Maintain a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Responsible for overall operation and structure of the Children’s Ministry program (1st – 5th grade), and its continuing development.
- Ensure the program is aligned with the mission and vision of Mandarin Presbyterian Church.
- Coordinate all children’s activities with the church calendar, so as to enhance, not conflict with the total ministry of the church.
- Oversee and coordinate all children’s Sunday School activities and volunteers.
- Recruit and train teachers and volunteers.
- Oversee curriculum selection, development and ensuring its implementation.
- Oversee any children’s mid-week activities and volunteers.
- Oversee and coordinate all SCAMP (VBS) activities and volunteers.
- Work closely with K and Under Coordinator to ensure coordinated care for all children.
- Develop and direct programs for special events as needed (Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday).
- Participate on design team for community events (Pumpkin Jam, Eggstravaganza)
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and Next Gen meetings, working cooperatively with all other staff members.
- Prepare and execute the Children’s Ministry budget in coordination with the Pastor of Next Gen Ministries.
- Oversee children’s attendance and entering into the church data system (can be done by Assistant)
- Direct FRAT House (5th grade program) and Work with Directors of Student Ministries to ensure smooth transition of 5th graders into student ministry.
- Support Buddy Break Volunteer Coordinator and program for special needs families
- Participate in leadership of K-Kamp and Family Camp as needed.
- Oversee internship program with Pastor of Next Generation Ministries.
- Includes hiring, evaluation, and regular meetings for development and growth.
- Oversee care of children’s ministry equipment and facilities.
- Intentionally balance time, understanding the importance of self and family care.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Children’s Ministry:
- Children’s Ministry Assistant (part time)
- Summer Intern